Sunday

Letting Go ...

Soon, I will be 65 years of age. I have spent most of my life in the pursuit of various things. As a youth, it was mostly knowledge and skills. When I grew up and completed formal education, it was financial independence leading to the building of family and business.

At many points in my life, I have wondered about the meaning of life and have made provision to do some 'searching'. But faced with the realities of day to day living, I was not quite able to reconcile the down-to-earth mode of living with the ideal way of life that can bring genuine peace of mind and 'happiness'.

Starting from the age of 12, I have begun to wonder about life and the many mental and emotional problems I was facing. Family and business life brought with them many challenges. Many self development, motivational and spiritual teachings have crossed my path and I spent much time to learn and study. Today I can say with some certainty that one most important truth I discovered is the idea of Discard or Letting Go.

In the early 1980s, when I was experiencing some discord with my business partners, a friend suggested to me that the 'garbage of my mind' was the source of all my problems in life. It did not make sense to me at the time.

Find out more!

No comments: